Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Infernos

It went down like this:
Someone screamed. It was Eric, then Mia then Holden. Simoun goes out there and what I hear is this; You twisted his arm? You want to see how that feels? And then screams from Eric.

I came out and said, you didn't do it! You didn't twist his arm, did you? And that was the fight that ruined the night. That is not the first, nor will it be that last. Until all this ends. Until he leaves at last, when the finale comes and it is over.

I have endured another day of weird and tortured comments. All of us are unhappy. These nights run into each other far too often. Right now I wouldn't be too alarmed if it ended somehow, if some cosmic asteroid fed itself into the earth and we all became living infernos.

One of them hides under the table sobbing. One of them pulls the covers over his head. One of them keeps trying to help, tries to make it better. The other hides in her room with headphones and pretends it doesn't exist. I get angry and I say it all out loud. He furrows in his nest of filth in the room.

Then come the apologies.

Then come the abusive comments.

Then we all live another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment